Saturday, June 19, 2010

Muslims inhumanity to Muslims

The news today of escalating violence in Kyrgzstan should be a lesson to those of us who still think of Islam as a peaceful religion. 
It seems that not even a common religion is enough to maintain harmony amongst different ethnic groups as we read about the Uzbeks being killed and driven into exile by the Kyrgyz.
I guess many observers will just dismiss the fact that the issue has anything to do with religion and blame the whole disaster on ethnic differences.
To those who believe this I would give the example of Hamas Muslims killing Fatah Muslims in the Middle East.

So what am I trying to say here?
Only that Muslims justify violence under many and varied reasons be they revenge for the existence of Israel, or for the invasion of Afghanistan, or for the Palestinian refugees, or the Chechen cause in Russia, or the endless retributions in India, or what's happening in Kyrgyzstan now.

When was the last time you heard the phrase "peace loving Muslims"?

7 comments:

John McElveen said...

Isn't that the ultimate Oxymoron?

John

Visiting From Ileanna!!!

Good stuff!!

John

PS: I'll be praying (if you don't mind) for your wife--- Avascular Necrosis is nothing to play with and I pray for Resolution!

J

Lexcen said...

John, some issues are just too depressing to put into my blog and this one (AD) is definitely one of them. Thanks for your thoughts.

Baconeater said...

Meanwhile the world and the UN focuses on Israel. Where are all the Israel bashers when it comes to Kyrgzstan, after all, they don't hate or dislike Israel, they just don't like what Israel is doing to the Palestinians.

ButterSnatch said...

"More people have died in the name of religion than have ever died of cancer. And we try to cure cancer... What makes us take up arms against those who pray to the same God with different words?" — Chuck Austen

And the beat goes on...

/t. said...

umm, ya

world war ii
was largely a "christian war"

northern ireland is "christian on christian"

i'd stop short, though, of suggesting that christianity is a violent religion

cheers

/t.

Lexcen said...

/t, point taken but I never intended/nor will I enter into a debate of Christians vs Muslims as to who is better or worse.
My observations can be dismissed if you will as they are only personal observations. I make no claims to having any exclusive knowledge or information. I'm just an observer whose opinions are derived from my observations. If my opinions manage to make people more aware of Islam then I have achieved my goal.

Patrick Carroll said...

Excellent Lexcen, you changed the settings!

We are at war with radical Islam it's as simple as that.

Labels