Friday, December 29, 2006

Handbags by DH


I was having a relaxing afternoon, sitting by the pool, reading the newspaper when an article caught my eye. It was a fashion article about designer handbags. Now, as my blog fans know, I'm a follower of fashion. That's not to say I dress fashionably (which I do) but that I like to keep up to date with trends.
Designer handbags that cost thousands of dollars is just one of those things I find bewildering. Why would anyone, no matter how rich or how stupid they may be, spend thousands of dollars on a handbag? Needless to say, you can always buy a ripoff for a fraction of the price, OK so they don't come with a certificate of authenticity and serial number (otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell the different between the fake and the original). Does it really matter?
I suppose a crocodile skin bag would partly justify the expenditure because of the cost of the materials involved.
This led to a train of thought about skins and handbags.
I started wondering about what happens to all those foreskins that are cut off when guys get circumcised. Maybe somebody of Jewish background could provide me with the missing information.
So, I was thinking, what a terrible waste. All those thousands of foreskins, probably just thrown away, who knows?
Wouldn't it be inspiring to use these to create the ultimate handbag. Made entirely of virgin foreskins, a real statement.
I even have a brand name - Dickhead.
All I need is a logo design.

6 comments:

none said...

Reminds me of the the doctor who saved all the foreskins and made wallets.

When he went to market them, the buyer asked what was so special about a foreskin wallet.

The doctor said, "All you have to do is gently rub it and voila' you have a suitcase!"

Lexcen said...

Of course I will charge at least $6000 per handbag so that each purchaser is definitely screwed.

Anonymous said...

What is with all the foreskin talk this morning? Did someone have a traumatic evening involving a twelve pack and a scalpel?

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

That we throw the foreskin away, I don't care. I find it worse all the tomatoes that is thrown away in the tomato-war in Spain every year, Why don't they rather send it free of charge to Zimbabwe?

Lexcen said...

Kirsten, there is so much waste of good resources in the world, where do we begin?
As for Zimbabwe, they don't need charity, they need to be rescued from their own incompetence.
JP, no;-)

Red Ink said...

In NT and Qld, you can buy key rings with a little pouch .. made out of a pig's scrotum ...

For a really couth fashion accessory, perhaps we can get hold of Saddam's arsehole, and present it to George Bush as a special gift .... George could slip it on his wedding finger everytime he feels a stiffy coming on.

Labels