Friday, January 19, 2007

Another Day Another Sermon

I know this is becoming tedious, (another fanatical Muslim preaching hate) I know I will be admonished for sensationalism, I know people will tell me that this guy is just an extremist and the majority are peace loving.
I want someone to explain to me, how does someone who is born in this wonderful country of opportunity and freedom and laid back attitude to life, turn into a radical hate filled Muslim?
Did he learn his hate on television? Did he learn his hate from other Australians at the pub? Did he pick up these ideas at the barbeque on the weekend? Did he attend classes on the beach? I don't think so. Lets just make an assumption that he went to a Mosque to find Allah, and he met others who preached the same hate filled filth he is preaching now to others.
You can ignore him as an aberration.
I can't help but remember another extremist who was full of hate in the twentieth century, he had a funny mustache, he was also a minority who spent time in jail. He ended up changing the world. Who will be the next person to be ignored until he ends up changing the world? Let's not forget that the world has already changed for the worse because of one tall fanatic Saudi who lives in some cave in Pakistan and manages to bring fear and distrust on the western world. Remember this next time you are hassled trying to board a plane.
If I ever hear someone tell me again, that so and so is just a single voice in the wilderness and I shouldn't feel threatened by him, I will make them remember these other two shining examples of what the majority isn't , and remind them that the majority is not what worries me.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Very well said. Eloquent and intelligent.

Did he learn his hate from other Australians at the pub?

prob'ly not... most Aussies I've seen in pubs were usually too drunk to stand, let alone infect someone's psyche...

Lexcen said...

Thanks Michael.

Michael said...

I call it like I see it, dude. Most Aussies I've met have also been friendly, fun-loving, and generous to a fault.

And along with Israelis, you guys are among the few "foreigeners" I can think of who actually seem to like Americans...

Labels