Friday, June 26, 2009

Simon and Garfunkel


It was a phone call and then a quick decision, free tickets to the Simon and Garfunkel concert tonight, be there...

Last night was great night as I was entertained by the living legends known as Simon and Garfunkel. In fact one of the first vinyl records I ever bought was the single Scarborough Fair.
Of course they performed it and it was as fresh and magical as the first time I heard it over fifty years ago.
In fact, Art and Paul were equally chuffed that their career had lasted such a long time. What a pity that success these days isn't measured in terms of longevity.

I can only think how lucky I am to have lived in a time when so much great music was created and continues to thrall new generations. The sixties really was a magical time for creativity.

I'm hoping for maybe another free ticket to possibly the Rolling Stones or Eric Clapton or any of the other great bands that are making come back tours.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I would have said: phone call - no decision!

I didn't know they still performed together.

You are right - their music continues to thrall - my kids have their hits in their own collections.

Labels