Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Savings?



I saw the quaint old word "savings" today and thought to myself, do people still save money?
It's such an old fashioned concept when you really think about it.
When I was a young boy, at school, we were encouraged to open a bank account and save our pocket money.
And we did. We were given complementary money boxes by the banks to teach us to save money.
I wonder if money boxes are still around and if children these days save?

Who saves? Who actually manages to live within their means without credit cards and without mortgage for a home?
Maybe there are people who actually earn enough money that their earnings exceed their needs but do they save? More likely they would invest their money such as stocks/bonds or the shares or gold or property or works of art or vintage cars...but put money in the bank and save? I don't think so.

I'm just having a nostalgia moment.

No comments:

Labels