Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lexhibition

My muse has been the subject of various paintings.
In the first one I borrowed from Ingres' famous masterpiece The Bather.





The one with the cat portrays the closeness between cat and sitter, intimacy, trust, love.
































Merlin with muse follows.




















Next I used another favorite for my composition, Van Dyke's Man in a Turban was the inspiration for that one.























Finally, Adam's Apple, did anybody notice the apple?


10 comments:

Ripple said...

Wouldn't she prefer a fist over and apple?

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Always been a fan of your paintings!

Lexcen said...

Thanks Jen.

Anonymous said...

Excellent artwork Lex. I too am an admirer of your style and abilities.

Anonymous said...

I would love to create a banner for your blog highlighting your art. Let me know if you'd be interested. vaginous@nycap.rr.com

Lexcen said...

Thanks JP, a banner sounds like a great idea.

none said...

Terrific!

I was hoping to see more of your work.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Great paintings! I enjoyed them all.

Michael said...

I like those paintings.

But where's the apple? ;)

Lexcen said...

I'll be posting more since everybody seems to like my painting. The others will be different so don't be surprised.

Labels