Monday, April 20, 2009

I'd Give You the Moon

Note the lyrics in the song by Jake Coco.

You were always changing clothes
Torn sundress and panty hose
Crumpled up upon my floor.
And you'd abandoned all your dreams
Gave them up or so it seemed
For the chance to be my girl.

And the world won't ever change, if you only stay the same.

I'd give you the moon if I could.
I'd give you the stars if I could.
I'd give you my heart if you would take me as I am.

You were always switching roles.
Now you love me, now you don't
Like a lover in disguise.

And I was always chasing dreams, without an end or so it seemed, but I guess that's how it goes.
And the world won't ever change, if you only stay the same.

I'd give you the moon if I could.
I'd give you the stars if I could.
I'd give you my heart if you would take me as I am.

And if only stars could shine as bright as you and I
Maybe then I'd grow some wings and I could learn to fly.

I'd give you the moon if I could.
I'd give you the stars if I could.
I'd give you my heart if you would take me as I am.

Now many ladies have been promised things such as the moon and stars and no doubt they deserve them. Love is a wonderful thing isn't it?

Here is a unique opportunity for some lucky lady to actually get what she's been promised.
For the small price of around one million Swiss Francs, this unique gift will be available to some lucky buyer who will no doubt hand it to his lady love. Within the watch is a piece of the moon. Not just any piece but a piece of lunar meteorite. The Louis Moinet Magistralis, in a limited edition of ONE! is available.

Now that's something I'd like to include in my shopping trolley.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't suppose I could mark-up a watches price if I enclosed a piece of "Mother Earth" within her, do ya?

Lexcen said...

It's funny how we put a value on rarity isn't it? If we applied the same value to human life then human lives would be worthless.

Anonymous said...

Adam Smith, "Wealth of Nations"

What are the rules which men naturally observe in exchanging them either for money or for one another, I shall now proceed to examine. These rules determine what may be called the relative or exchangeable value of goods.

I.4.13 The word VALUE, it is to be observed, has two different meanings, and sometimes expresses the utility of some particular object, and sometimes the power of purchasing other goods which the possession of that object conveys. The one may be called 'value in use ;' the other, 'value in exchange.' The things which have the greatest value in use have frequently little or no value in exchange; and on the contrary, those which have the greatest value in exchange have frequently little or no value in use. Nothing is more useful than water: but it will purchase scarce any thing; scarce any thing can be had in exchange for it. A diamond, on the contrary, has scarce any value in use; but a very great quantity of other goods may frequently be had in exchange for it.

Lexcen said...

FJ, lets not forget that Karl Marx said value was something added by human labor.

Anonymous said...

No wonder so many farmers laughed at him... as it wasn't "human labor" adding the value (just increasing the yields).

Lexcen said...

Good one, LOL.

Labels