Friday, August 04, 2006

Money Can't Buy Happiness.

Everyone knows the old saying. But, do you believe it? I never did. Everybody I talked to about it would say yeah they wouldn't mind more money but they wouldn't be any happier. Bullshit. Having enough money so you don't need to go to work. That's happiness. Having enough money so you don't think twice about buying food, which food, or which drink. That's happiness. Having enough money to pay for medical expenses when you get sick. That's happiness. Having enough money to own a car that won't leave you stranded on the side of the road. That's happiness. Having enough money so that chics throw themselves at your feet. That's happiness. Don't believe me? Then check out the survey.

3 comments:

ButterSnatch said...

Interesting topic. I think there's a fine line here, and at the extreme oposites of the spectrum, I'd agree that money doesn't necessarily buy happiness. Too much $$$ and I think you're doomed. Too little $$$, and much the same is true. But finding that "just right" point in your life/budget is the tricky part. My wife & I make good money, but no matter how much we make (and each year seems to bring more than the last, lately), we always seem to find ways to either invest it or spend it. Yes, we're happy and don't stress about money in the least, but I quite honestly can't see a time when we're making so much money that we'd actually be unhappy.

Intolerant said...

Good question indeed. I was as happy on poverty level wages as now, only a different kind of happy. the kind where I bought lottery tickets and lots of pot. Now I am more responsible and don't stress over it, like B/S. More would be nice but I'm pretty content anyway.

Lexcen said...

Glad to hear my friends are happy. I'm not poor myself but still would consider not having to work a boost to my personal happiness. I love my work but sometimes I wish I didn't have to be there.

Labels