Saturday, July 29, 2006

Awake!

Just received my Special Issue of Awake! dated September 2006 and titled, Is There a Creator?
I'm so excited. Further reading on inside cover, Whom Should I Believe? p3.
What does Nature Teach? p4.
Did God Use Evolution to Create Life? p9.

The sentence stating "Jehovah's Witnesses are not what you might think of as creationist."
Well fuck me blind, you could knock me over with a feather. And I thought the opposite. Glad to read this intriguing article.

Further down, the article says that whereas "creationists have embraced many doctrines that lack support in the Bible."
My eyes nearly popped out of my head. Was this the first signal that there had been a dramatic paradigm shift in the theology of JW ? Had I been doing a Rip Van Winkle?

So I read futher and got to the article titled, Is Evolution a Fact?
Here I quote verbatim, "the data gathered from some 100 years of mutation research and 70 years of mutation breeding in particular enable scientists to draw conclusions regarding the ability of mutations to produce new species"

Well Richard Dawkins, put that in your pipe and smoke it! Poor Darwin proved wrong by 100 years of research!

In the next issue of Awake
  • Can You Help the Dead?
  • Do I Have an Eating Disorder?
I'm not making any of this up by the way.
Further reading at www.watchtower.org

2 comments:

Crashtest Comic said...

I could relate to this stuff...

I grew up a Jehovah's Witness. I got the knuckle-scars to prove it.

Lexcen said...

I hope the scars are only on your knuckles. JW can seriously fuck your brain but then only the intellectually challenged fall victim to this type of abuse. My old man is victim of JW convert.

Labels