Saturday, June 16, 2007

Crocodile tears for victims of scam

(double click pic to get letter in full detail)
Read this story to get the full background on this.

This scam has been around so long it's a wonder that people still haven't heard of it.
Maybe they have but greed gets the better of them and good judgment flies out the window as their eyes glaze over with the prospect of making a huge sum of money for no effort at all.

So I ask myself, how can anybody who has managed to accumulate more than a million dollars be so stupid??

That's right, the family behind the story were keen to get their hands on $17 million dollar inheritance.
Now they've lost over a million dollars. Lets all dig into our pockets and give them money in sympathy...maybe not.

I've posted here my own personal copy of the scam delivered in my letter box. Anybody who is stupid and greedy enough should feel free to send their personal details to the people who run this scam.

I think I'd rather stay poor.

7 comments:

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Where is Zamgeria on the map??? :O
Is it an invisible country between Zambia and Nigeria??

Lexcen said...

Kirsten, Zamgeria exists only in people's imaginations, just the the millions they imagine they will get when they fall for the scam.

none said...

One guy was a doctor who lost 250k then went to jail for embezzlement to get more money to send to the scammers. even after being told repeatedly about the scam the guy is trying to raise funds again so he can pay the last bit of money to get his 10 million form the nigerians.

southfield_2001 said...

Zamgeria? ROFLMAO! At least the similar letters I've gotten have always been from "representatives" of a real country.
Just goes to show you, lex: you could probably send people a letter saying you're from Scamgeria and you live in its capital city Stealingyourcash, and someone would still fall for it.

Anonymous said...

I just searched for Zamberia. It came back, "Did you mean America?"

I told my brother about these scams about 8 years ago. 3 years ago he fell prey to one for 50k because the promoter was a good mormon.

Michael said...

I can't believe that anyone with enough brain power to keep his heart and lungs going could fall for this scam....

"Zamberia?" How much effort does it take to look that up? None?

I hope to God that these poor "scam victims" haven't reproduced; it's scary to think what they would do to the human gene pool....

Lexcen said...

buttersnatch, you seem to be making more comebacks than Lazarus. Don't say you never went away.

Labels